- This event has passed.
Voices from the past: Valley Heights Rail Museum
10 September @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Enjoy this special history week event
- Listen to voices from earlier times read about people’s lives.
- See the bicycle used by a call boy to wake train crews from their beds.
- Check out historic phones.
- Climb into the cab of a steam engine and listen to a train crew preparing an engine for service.
- Sit in a carriage from the Caves Express and imagine the conversations.
Enjoy the Museum’s other great experiences and activities.
Take a 20-minute journey* on the 130-year-old heritage Sydney Steam Tram or the heritage country branch line Valley Heights Mixed.
Leaves on the hour, departing at: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 2.30pm and 3.15pm (last ride).
Book online to secure your ride time (included in admission).
Be sure to arrive 30 minutes before your historic train ride in the Valley Heights depot area.
Online ticket sales close at 7.00pm the night before the open day. Tickets may be available at the door, subject to demand.
Museum opens at 10:00am and closes at 4.00pm.
Admission: $18 Adult, $15 Concession, $12 Children aged 4-17, FREE Infants aged 3 and under.
Check the Museum’s full calendar of open days.
* Subject to operational factors e.g. adverse weather, breakdown, crew/rolling stock unavailability, track conditions etc.
Avoid disappointment – pre-booking your tickets is highly recommended. Select, reserve and secure your seat aboard your preferred train/tram ride.
Pre-booking gives you the flexibility to manage your Museum visit, allowing you to arrive close to your ride departure time and avoid lengthy wait times. Visit for a few hours or the whole day. Refreshments available.
Look for the turn off to the Valley Heights Rail Museum, 17b Tusculum Road, Valley Heights, from the Great Western Highway. Drop in on your way east or west. Plenty of parking on site with just a short walk to the main entrance.